Many governments have a popular ideology that argues that –
- There is an increase in emission of carbon dioxide by human activities.
- Greenhouse gas will lead to ever increasing global warming.
- There will be tipping points, sea level rises, extinctions and ocean acidification.
- Climate change will be irreversible.
- In order to stop climate change, energy sources need to be shifted from coal, gas, and oil to wind, solar, tidal and biomass.
Let’s discuss these points one by one –
There is an increase in emission of carbon dioxide by human activities
- This point is correct
- Very slight increase in carbon dioxide led to slight greening of planet
- But Carbon dioxide is plant food and emission of the same is good for life on earth
Greenhouse gas will lead to ever increasing global warming
- This point is proved to be invalid all times
- Carbon dioxide is no doubt is a greenhouse gas, however the main greenhouse gas is water vapour
- Only 1 molecule of every 85,000 of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is of human origin
- Despite a significant increase in industrial emissions of CO2, there has been no increase in the global temperature over the past 17 years
- Temperature increase occurred 100-1000 years before there was an increase in the atmospheric CO2. This shows that CO2 doesn’t drive atmospheric temperature change
- In the past, ecosystem thrived when there was a high CO2 content – especially when it was warm.
- History shows that communities thrived when it was warm and there was a massive depopulation during cooler times
There will be tipping points, sea level rises, extinctions and ocean acidification
- No evidence is present for this statement
- In the past, when CO2 level was up to 1000 times higher than the present level, there was no tipping points, sea level rises, extinctions or ocean acidification
- Ice retreats and expands for many reasons and temperature is only one of the reason
- Natural Geoscience reported that since 2002, the rate of sea level rise has declined by 31%
Climate change will be irreversible
- If Australia reduced its CO2 by 5% by 2020, invalidated models by change ‘scientists’ predict that there would cooling between 0.0007 – 0.00007 degree celsius. Such a restriction of emissions is pointless. Surely few activist would consider it meaningful.
- Community sits back with a warm glow feeling that by taxing the ‘polluter’, it has done something for the planet. Economic vulnerable being pushed into fuel poverty, they die earlier, costs and unemployment increase and such climate policies create the continuation of crippling poverty and unnecessary deaths
- Poor spend more than 10% on energy, people can’t afford to pay for renewable green electricity bill. They are being pushed below the poverty line
In order to stop climate change, energy sources need to be shifted from coal, gas, and oil to wind, solar, tidal and biomass
- Alternative sources of energy such as wind and solar are environmentally disastrous causing loss of ecosystems, destruction of wildlife, sterilisation of land, and other costs that may not be retrieved during the life of the system, and emission of huge amount of CO2 during construction.
- Wind and solar energy need back up by coal because they can’t provide 24/7 energy.
- No wind farm could operate without taxes and increase electricity charges to consumers
- Climate change catastrophism is the biggest scientific hoax that has ever occurred. Cheap energy is fundamental for employment, living in the modern world, and for bringing the world out of poverty
- Unless nature has a surprise for us, 3 short decades of irresponsible climate policy will take at least a generation to reverse because there are now armies of bureaucrats, politicians, scientists, and business living off the climate catastrophe scare
Source – Climate Change, the facts